(Palm-Print
Photo by Edward F. Palm)

About Me

My photo
Forest, Virginia, United States
A long time ago, my sophomore English teacher, Father William Campbell, saw something in my writing and predicted that I would someday become a newspaper columnist. He suggested the perfect title for my column--"Leaves of the Palm." Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I've decided to put Father Campbell's prediction to the test. I'm going to start using this blog site not just to reprint opinion pieces I've published elsewhere but to try to get more of my ideas and opinions out there. Feedback is welcome. To find out more about me, please check out my Web site: www.EdwardFPalm.com (Click on any of the photos below for an enlarged view.)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Larry on the U.S. Postal Service and Rush on U.S. Heath Care


[This year's Christmas card, featuring my shot of the Bremerton - Seattle Ferry in winter.]
I recently received this message from my friend and fellow Combined Action Marine Larry Scroggs:

Ed
Thanks for your Christmas card which I received today. I notice it was postmarked 12/19. It only took 11 days to get here from Washington. Coincidentally, the same time it took the Pony Express to ride from Missouri to California in 1860. Don't you just love the progress the United States Postal Service has made in the last 150 years. I can hardly wait until the government takes over our health care. Thinking about it just gives me the warm fuzzies all over. (grin)
Semper Fi

 Larry
I don't agree with Larry's conclusion, but I admire his wit.  
      I am reminded of the conclusion Rush Limbaugh drew from his recent reminder of his own mortality--that "there is nothing wrong with the U.S. health care system."  Of course not--for those who have Rush's means.
--EFP 

No comments: