(Palm-Print
Photo by Edward F. Palm)

About Me

My photo
Forest, Virginia, United States
A long time ago, my sophomore English teacher, Father William Campbell, saw something in my writing and predicted that I would someday become a newspaper columnist. He suggested the perfect title for my column--"Leaves of the Palm." Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I've decided to put Father Campbell's prediction to the test. I'm going to start using this blog site not just to reprint opinion pieces I've published elsewhere but to try to get more of my ideas and opinions out there. Feedback is welcome. To find out more about me, please check out my Web site: www.EdwardFPalm.com (Click on any of the photos below for an enlarged view.)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Phineus

Our beloved Jack Russell Terrier Gracie died on June 27.  She had been with us fourteen and a half years, and her passing left our house an empty, lonely place.  In almost forty years of marriage, my wife and I had never been without a pet, and Gracie was special.  Within a few days of Gracie's passing, my wife happened to notice a classified ad in our local paper.  A family was moving and needed to find a good home for an AKC-registered six-month-old  Parsons Russell Terrier named Phineas.  We went to see him on July 6, and that was that.  It was just meant to be.  Gracie will always hold a special place in our hearts, but "Phiney" is doing an admirable job filling the empty spaces and has already won us over.  He is a real character.  --EFP

No comments: