(Palm-Print
Photo by Edward F. Palm)

About Me

My photo
Forest, Virginia, United States
A long time ago, my sophomore English teacher, Father William Campbell, saw something in my writing and predicted that I would someday become a newspaper columnist. He suggested the perfect title for my column--"Leaves of the Palm." Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I've decided to put Father Campbell's prediction to the test. I'm going to start using this blog site not just to reprint opinion pieces I've published elsewhere but to try to get more of my ideas and opinions out there. Feedback is welcome. To find out more about me, please check out my Web site: www.EdwardFPalm.com (Click on any of the photos below for an enlarged view.)

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Palm's Progress


I've been hitting it hard here of late.  On Thursday, I ran three miles, covering 5.77.  On Friday, I ran 1.6, covering 4.23.  Saturday was a recovery day.  Today, I overdid it.  I decided to try a new route.  Instead of staring out at the trail head, I decided to run up Ridge Top Road.  It didn't realize how long the uphill trek would be.  I think it was a mile to the crest.  But I made it.  I ran 3.7 and covered 7.11.
       The big news is that I bought a bicycle today--a Raleigh Route 4.0.  I bought this one because it's the same shade of blue-green as my first car, a 1967 Pontiac Tempest.  You just can't ignore a sign like that.
       My plan is to start alternating between bike riding and running.  We're finally starting to get some decent weather.  I'm looking forward to launching out on some long rides.  --EFP

{The Palm-Print of the Day, Seattle, January, 2009]

No comments: